"THE WAY TO GET STARTED IS TO QUIT TALKING AND BEGIN DOING."
--- WALT DISNEY
Welcome to TWI!
Nowadays we all have a busy life, and we all want to finish all work faster and also want to get better results...
First and most important point is to form those habits which will make us more productive in the day to day life.
- Focus on one task at a time- We often try to finish multiple tasks at the same time and end-up ruining everything. By focusing on one task at a time we give our best performance.
- Take breaks and give time to yourself- We get so tired by continuously working and obsessing over finishing everything that we forget to give rest to our body and mind. By taking a break once in a while we rejuvenate our ability to do better.
"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."- Ovid
- Make list- This is the best practice to make our day productive. By making a list we get to prioritize our work and keep a track of our whole day.
- Finish the most important task first to get the best result- We all have a peak time for the whole day. For some people, it's the early morning and for some its midnight and also for some people it is the daytime. We should keep the most important work of the day at that time. In that peak time, our mind works faster and better than any other time of the day.
- Start your day by focusing on yourself- I guess there are a lot of people who have a habit of checking emails and social media updates as soon as they open their eyes. Once we wake up in the morning, our body and mind are at ease. Its the best time to give ourselves. We should do something for our well being in this particular time. Just have a cup of tea without a mobile or newspaper. Or do yoga or exercise. Spend that time with your family. Your whole day will go well by doing so.
- Embrace your failure- One thing I have learned with my life experiences is that failure makes us stronger to handle the hard times of life. Getting failure is not a bad thing, it just puts a pause button on our racing life. It gives us time to take a good look at every aspect of life and take proper decisions. So instead of feeling bad, start feeling grateful to have that time in your life.
- Stop procrastination- Some people procrastinate to plan their work and some people procrastinate to delay it. Be the first kind of person. By delaying work no one has achieved good results until today, it only increases the pressure on us.
- Note down all the "Oh Yes!" moments instantly- Does it ever happen to you, that you are working out or walking somewhere or even shopping and suddenly new idea pop-ups to your mind regarding work or hobby? Yes? Suddenly we say "Oh yes! Then note it down and implement it as soon as possible. Often we forget those ideas and move on with life which becomes a regret later.
- Believe that you are different than others- Confidence is key to success, doesn't matter whether we are capable to do a task or not, it is important to believe that we can do it. We can always learn new things and do any task, that's what makes us different than others and it is important to believe the same.
- Don't compare yourself with others- Comparing ourselves with others will only demoralize us. Each person has a unique set of qualities and talents in the different field, which makes everyone different from each other. So its very obvious everyone has different way and pace to work and perform.
- Power of "why" keeps you moving ahead- Its very important to understand Why you are doing what you are doing. Usually, many of us know what we are doing. Many of us also know how to do it as well, but very few people know why they are doing. Those are the few people who reach their goal sooner and also in the way to reach there they inspire others a lot. The Golden circle by Simon Sinek suggests that start with Why, discuss the How, and end with What.
So guys its time to start making changes in our day to day life.
Hope the above tips were helpful to you all, if yes then please click the Like button below and follow my page so that I can come up with new ideas.
Have a great week!
2 thoughts on “Productive Habits”
Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.
Thank you for letting me know about the issue. I will check on it asap and try to resolve it. Sorry for the inconvenience.