Tea time is a chance to slow down,
pull back and appreciate our surroundings.
- Letitia Baldrige
Since first appearing in the 18th century, Earl Grey tea (also known as Bergamot tea) became extremely popular, mainly because of its amazing health benefits.
It is a blend of black tea and bergamot orange extracts which makes it so unique. It is said that the tea was named after the British prime minister Charles grey. Though the origin of the tea has many stories to it, the most common story is that it was specifically blended for him.
Over time, the popularity of this particular blend soared as it was consumed within royal families and elite groups. The citrus flavor extracted from bergamot gives the tea a refreshing flavor, which can be consumed any time of day.
- Rich of antioxidants - As the tea is full of antioxidants, it helps in boosting immunity and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Detoxes body of free radicals- As per the new age lifestyle of unhealthy food, drinks, and smoking, we generate a lot of free radicals in our body which eventually causes many diseases like cancer, premature aging, and many more. Earl grey tea helps in detoxing our blood cells and removes free radicals from our system.
- Energizes- Earl grey tea has a safe amount of caffeine in it which is enough to boost our energy and help us focus. Also, the citrus flavor helps in feeling refreshed when we feel tired or restless.
- Enhances digestion- This tea helps in keeping a good gut health and digestion process. It also helps in case of vomiting or nausea.
- Keeps oral infections at bay- Due to the high content of catechins and fluoride, it helps in reducing tooth decay and bacteria. It also reduces bad breath.
- Acts as an anti-depressant- The high antioxidants, vitamin C, caffeine, and many other minerals help in releasing stress. It enhances one’s mood and helps in focusing better as well as thinking better.
- Aids weight loss- Earl grey tea helps break down fat cells and lowers the cholesterol level in our body and hence helps in weight loss while maintaining a healthy and proportionate diet.
- Helps in recovering from flu and cold- Along with the vitamin C and Riboflavin content, this tea helps in getting relief from congested chest due to flu and cold.
- Keeps our heart healthy- As the minerals in black tea have the property of lowering blood pressure, Earl grey tea along with the antioxidants helps to keep cardiovascular disease away and gives a healthy heart.
I hope you found this post helpful. Please like and follow my page to get future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.
17 thoughts on “Earl Grey Tea and Its Benefits”
Interesting information. I was under the impression that Earl Grey Tea had a grey colour and that’s how it got its name.
Good to see you back!
Thanks… Trying to come back good topics and useful information
Love Xebec earl grey tea. I had no idea it was so good! Very great article, thank you for sharing!
Pleasure is mine
Nice one and keep it up
Great post ,informative and helpful ❣️
Thank you 🙂
I am glad you liked reading it.
You are most welcome ❤️
I really enjoy a cup of Earl Grey tea occasionally. It really has a lovely taste and is refreshing!
I didn’t know it had so many benefits! 🙂
I am glad you found this post useful and informative Carolyn.
I am glad you liked it. Thank you.
Thank you so much… Glad you found the post useful.
Great blog!! Very well written !!
Thank you Devang. I am glad you enjoyed reading it.