Greetings to all and hope you are all doing awesome in this tiresome daily life. Somehow we don't get time to focus on what we are eating daily, so let's get into something healthy and delicious. Shall we?
Nowadays when it comes to healthy food one name comes upfront and that is Oats and well it does have very nutritional values.
Basically, oat is a combination of soluble as well as insoluble fiber in the form of cereal grain. The soluble fiber in the grain forms a viscous gel which lowers cholesterol and stabilizes blood glucose levels in our body. Whereas the insoluble fiber helps provide a "moving" experience by curtailing constipation and improving intestinal health.
The main cultivation area for this secondary crop is Northwestern Europe. On today's date, Russia is the leading country for the cultivation of oats.
Variety of Oats available in the market:
- Whole grain oats: It is the main oat groats which are the least processed oats available in the market and is very high in nutrition.
- Steel cut oats: Also known as Irish oats is when oats groats are chopped into small pieces with metal blades.
- Scottish oats: Also known as Oatmeal is when oats are stone ground into irregular broken bits.
- Rolled oats: When oats are steamed and rolled into flakes are called rolled oats.
- Quick oats and Instant oats: These variants are the same as rolled oats but steamed for a longer time.
- Oat bran: Oat bran is mainly the outer layer of the oat groats.
It is said that 1 Cup of cooked oatmeal has 150 calories, 4 gm of fiber and 13 gm of protein. It also provides various minerals like Thiamin, Magnesium, Selenium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Biotin, phenolic acid, phytic acid, etc.
- It is naturally gluten free, so people who are gluten intolerant for them oats is a great option.
- As oats are very in fiber content, it keeps us full for a very long time and helps us control our weight.
- It lowers cholesterol level.
- Provides low- level energy for a longer period of time.
- Low glycemic impact in oatmeal helps us avoid cravings for a longer time period.
- It helps in keeping the blood sugar level low.
- It helps to decrease total daily calories by as much as 81%.
- It also improves immune response.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases.
So its recommended to eat oats at least in any one part of our daily meal. I generally prefer to eat oats for breakfast or lunch. Overnight oats recipes are my favorites as when I wake up in the morning my breakfast is all ready to eat.
I have heard a lot of people complaining that they don't like eating oats because of its gel-like consistency after cooking. Well here is a small tip for them, take a frying pan and dry roast the oats in low heat. This will reduce the gel kind consistency to a great extent.
So, guys, I hope this post was helpful for you all and if you have any queries or suggestion please comment below. And please follow my page to get my future updates.
Have a great day!
13 thoughts on “Oats: Benefits”
You made some really good points there. I checked on the web for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.
Thank you, Arden.
I hope you find all other posts worth reading as well.
Usually I do not learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice post.
Thank you so much, Dear.
Thank you so much.
I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be working with? I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest website and I’d like to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations?
I am using WordPress blog platform. WordPress is quiet safe as per my experience.
Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
Hey Katia. Please share your blog link.
I like this web blog its a master peace ! .
Thank you so much. 🙂
Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!
Great! I am glad you liked it so much. Thank you.