If it wasn't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
- David Letterman
We all are big fan of coffee aren't we?
"Coffee" mainly derived from the Dutch word "Koffie" was mainly originated in Ethiopia in fifteenth century. It was primarily consumed in the Islamic world where it originated, which helped them to have fast in the day time and stay awake at night during Ramadan festival.
Eventually it was consumed throughout the world and eventually became the most popular beverage.
Coffee mainly contains caffeine which when absorbed by blood cells in our body, it travels to our brain and helps in enhancing of neurons firing.
Coffee is rich with vitamin B2, B3 and B5. It also contains manganese, potassium and magnesium.
* Coffee is rich with antioxidants, which acts as an anti-aging for our skin as well as brain.
* Coffee increases energy level in our body and helps in fighting fatigue.
* It makes DNA strands much stronger in our body.
* Helps in burning fat and losing weight.
* It helps our digestive system in processing glucose.
* It lowers the risk of type 2 Diabetes and heart diseases.
* Protects from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
* Protects liver.
* Coffee instantly up-lifts our mood and helps people who suffer from depression.
* It helps in focusing and staying alert.
* It reduces the risk of cancer.
Though coffee has it's own benefits, but if consumed in too much quantity on a daily basis, then it can be risky for our health.
* It increases the risk of bone fracture for women.
* It can increases the risk of anxiety in people.
* It can cause insomnia and restlessness.
* It can raise blood pressure if consumed too much.
Coffee can also be used in many DIY skin care products. You can make a body scrub by mixing coffee powder, sugar and olive oil. It helps in de-tanning of your skin and keeps it moisturized. You can also mix coffee powder with coconut oil and apply it around the eyes to reduce the puffiness and dark circle.
I hope you found this post helpful. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Merry Christmas to you all.