Bad leaders care about who is right.
Good leaders care about what is right.
– Simon Sinek
When something is important enough,
you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
– Elon Musk
Erase self doubt by working to build your strength instead of focusing on your weaknesses.
– Rodolfo Costa
Will I be able to do it?
Am I beautiful?
Am I good enough?
What if I fail in completing this?
What if I make mistakes and end up in trouble?
What if I get stuck in between?
What if they don’t like me at all?
Will I look good in this cloths?
Am I so ugly?
Self-doubt is something we all go through from time to time. Some of us know how to cross that thin barrier and some us just believe those thoughts and give up. And it is quite normal to give up in such situations. But what if you can actually make those same thoughts your strength?
Wouldn’t it be amazing?
I believe that self doubt can be very useful even though it is the only thing that stops us to take that one step which can change our life. Self doubt gives us a reality check about our own self-esteem and confidence. It is a voice in our brain that tells us that we need to learn more, practice more and appreciate the efforts we are putting in to achieving whatever it is that we are looking to have in life.
The first place self doubt takes birth is our own brain. Whenever we are preparing for something which is extremely important for us, we start doubting our own abilities. Many times it occurs due to our social circle or peer pressure or even our family members. Often we are surrounded with people who take a dig on us and underestimate us in front of everyone. And instead of supporting us, other people make fun of us or they just stay quite. And their laughs and statements starts making a nest in our mind which results in self doubt.
When you really work hard and give your best and end up failing, it is obvious to feel unaccomplished and we start saying ourselves that we are good for nothing or we are just plain dumb. Which is actually not the fact. It is important to understand that mistakes and failures are the only way to learn and expertise your skills in your desired fields.
Self doubt also creeps within you when it comes to your looks or personality. When it comes to these things we usually rely on other’s opinion and believe the same. But it is always said so that as long as you don’t give value to yourself, others won’t give value to you as well. Personality is something which flourishes with self love, self confidence and compassion.
In my opinion we should start owning those thoughts and challenge them within us to overcome self doubt. Make it the ladder to becoming more confident about yourself.
Practice positive affirmation and gratitude.
In many of my posts I have recommend this, and I can say it again and again that practicing positive affirmation helps in a great way. Having a gratitude mindset helps you develop self confidence.
Loving yourself and appreciating yourself will make you feel nourished and blessed. It changes your thoughts and gives you the will to keep trying for yourself.
Celebrate your small achievements and validate it yourself.
Whenever you get a small success, appreciate it and celebrate it. Validate yourself by judging your own efforts. This will give you a push to try in a better way and move towards bigger goals.
Be kind to yourself.
When you see someone trying very hard in something, you always show kindness to them right. You tell them that they doing good, so why not do the same to yourself.
Be mindful of the way you think.
Have you heard of the saying, “The way you think, the same you become.”
So be careful about how you think about yourself. If you will keep having negative thoughts about yourself then that is what you will become eventually.
Talk to someone you feel very supportive of.
When you are feeling very sad and down, try talking to someone who supports you in every situations. Try sharing your feelings to them. They will definitely help you see the brightness within you.
Till the time you will keep comparing your life with others, your life will remain within a limit. Make your life boundless and limitless.
Appreciate your own strengths.
Rather than focusing on your weaknesses try looking into the things in which you are good at. Even if it is about your looks, try focusing what feature is more beautiful about you. What makes you different than other?
Upgrade your skills and learn in the process.
The best way to overcome self doubt is to keep making yourself better. Keep learning and a time will come you will understand how it made you come this far.
Take inspiration from live examples.
If you admire someone, then try to learn from their life about how they made it in their life to where they are today.
Stop making excuses and take actions.
Instead of talking about plans and thinking how to reach there, take the first step. It might help you go up the ladder sooner.
Try avoiding people who belittle you.
It might be happening that your acquaintances are impacting you in a much deeper level. You might be taking it very sportively but somewhere in the the corner of your brain, your subconscious mind starts believe those people who always belittle you. Try avoiding them as much as possible.
In one of my post I have mentioned in detail about how journaling changes your life. It increase your inner strengths and helps you learn about yourself.
I seek strength, not to be greater than other, but to fight my greatest enemy, the doubts within myself.
– P.C Cast
I hope you this post helps you to overcome all the flaws you find within you. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.
Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement.
– James Clear
“Atomic Habits” has become one of the most popular book in self-help genre. And after reading it, I found it very practical to implement in our daily life and the examples given by James on Psychological aspects are incredible. He has given a detail breakdown of slowly shaping your lifestyle and making minor changes on daily basis and change your habits to achieve excellence.
James has also mentioned many real life examples of many athletes, entrepreneurs, artists and other successful people who managed to change their lives by making very small changes in their habits on a daily basis. He has also mentioned that when we try to change our bad habits and fail to do so, it is not our fault, we fail because of the system we are molded into from our childhood. It is our lower self-esteem which takes over our mind and our brain starts repeating in our head that, “It’s not gonna happen for you.”
Human behavior changes every day with situation and circumstances but what doesn’t change is human nature and his/her believes. And in this book James has explained how we can change that to achieve our desired goals by changing our inbuild behavior.
Even when you are trying to adapt a good habit, it is very much obvious and normal to fail in it to implement it in your daily routine. But with slow and small approach it can be achieved. If you will think that, from tomorrow I want to wake up at 5 am instead of 8 am. It’s not gonna happen, you will definitely fail on the second day or the third day. But instead, if you try waking up at 7:45 am for a week and then 7:30 am for the next week, your body will automatically start adapting to the change and you will feel more confident about yourself. He has mentioned that by making 1% change every day can give you massive result on a longer period. He calls it 1% rule.
There are many more theories mentioned in the book, to know more about it do read it and you will not regret it for sure.
Click on the above image link to buy.
Published date: 16th October 2018
Author: James Clear (Journalist)
Genre: Self-help book, Study guide
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Page count: 320
My rating: 5/5
You do not rise to the level of your goals.
You fall to the level of your systems.
– James Clear
A NOTE TO OUR READERS
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Hopefully, you will find this book helpful in life. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great weekend.
One forgets words as one forgets names.
One’s vocabulary needs constant fertilizing or it will die.
– Evelyn Waugh
We often struggle around putting words into a sentence.
Doesn’t matter which language we are trying to learn or master, when it comes to using words we are confused. Whether while we are writing or speaking, we fumble with our sentences and use fillers like ah, um, etc. and end up feeling helpless to express ourselves. And to become confident about it, we need to have a good hold on using correct word at the right place or situation.
It is important to know which word to use to express the situation perfectly that you are trying to explain.
Strengthening your vocabulary helps you better in communicating and expressing the facts better. It makes you confident and smart.
Ways to improve:
* Develop a reading habit.
Reading on a regular basis make you acquainted with the vast world of literature. You get the idea of using words and it’s synonyms and antonyms.
* Subscribe to the word of the day.
There are many websites and apps now a days which publish a word everyday with it’s meaning and way to use it. You can subscribe to those and get notification everyday.
* Play word games.
There are many words games, like scrabbles, crossword, word search, etc. You can test yourself and learn a lot by playing those games.
* Practice using new words in your daily conversation.
* Listen the speeches given by famous and successful people.
When people give any speech, most of them are well prepared about their facts and they prepare beforehand what to say and how to say to the point of perfection. Listening to them speaking helps a lot as well.
* Use the dictionary and thesaurus.
Whenever you are in doubt about any particular word, use dictionary or thesaurus and highlight that word for future reference. Highlighting with different colors will help your brain memories it much faster.
* Watch movies and TV series with subtitles.
* Try conversing with different people and notice their ways of using words in their statements. How they express their thoughts and their choice of words to do so will help you understand the particular language much better and it will get imprinted into your brain more easily.
* Try writing everyday.
When you make a habit of writing everyday, words start flowing to you automatically. Initially you might face some problems composing your sentences but eventually you will start to use the new words that you learn everyday by reading or talking to others.
* Learn the roots of the words.
When it comes to difficult and unusual words, you can search for it’s origin or how it was derived, that will help you in remembering them for a long time.
I hope you this post helps you in building you vocabulary skills. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.
The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.
– Jim Morrison
It is normal human nature to feel loved, liked and wanted by the people around us. We want to fit in among the people we think are cool or popular. We want to be even noticed and recognized. In other words, we don’t want to be ghosted out of society.
And to do so we start making changes in ourselves. Like changing our appearance, way of dressing, talking, eating. Some people even start doing things which are completely opposite of their moral values and principles. In a way, we start pretending to be a person which we really aren’t. But is that a good way of living our life?
We say we don’t like those people who are faking it all the time but aren’t we doing the same every single day. We suppress our natural behavior to please other people. It is okay to explore new ways of lifestyle but continuing it even though if we are not comfortable just for the sake of hanging out with people who actually don’t like the real you is really not worth it.
You will eventually lose your true identity. That is why it is very important to own your own personality. How other people perceive you, is really not your job to worry about. If you are confident about yourself to own your strength and weakness as well, eventually you will be around people who will actually like you for who you really are.
People might point out all your imperfections, which is okay. We should take criticism positively but at times people just point out flaws which is actually an inconvenience for them. In that case, you don’t need to change yourself at all. At times what looks like a flaw to others is the greatest asset of our personality.
People with all kind of traits get a different kind of criticism from our society. An introverted person gets to hear that they don’t talk much to others and they don’t socialize much. Whereas an extroverted person gets to hear that they talk too much and become too much to handle by some people. A person who is very confident within their skin get to hear that they don’t have socializing manners or have no boundaries. So doesn’t matter who you are or how you are, there will be some people who will find you difficult. But all you need to do is ignore those comments and just admit it to yourself, that those people are not meant to be in your life with any deeper emotion.
- Forgive your past deeds.
Whatever guilt or regret is holding you back, just let it go. We are human after all, we learn lessons by making mistakes in life. You need to forgive yourself for all your past actions and move on in life with a valuable lesson.
- Stop comparing yourself with others.
Just because you find someone cool by their any particular action doesn’t mean it will make you look cool as well. As we are all different kind of people with different kind of traits, there are already a lot of things about you which makes you cool and remarkable. So don’t compare yourself with other people. You are best at other things which many people can’t even think of having or doing.
- Follow your intuition.
We often have an inner voice which tells us what is right and what is wrong for us. If we follow that voice then we have already won the battle halfway into the road.
- Accepts your fears.
It takes a lot of courage to admit to ourselves that we have insecurities and we are actually scared of a lot of things and circumstances in life. Just cause you have fears doesn’t make you any less. And accepting your fears will help you to get rid of them as well.
- Love yourself the way you are.
You can’t expect people to love you for who you are if you don’t love yourself. You need to value yourself more than anyone else once in a while. It will help you with keeping your self-respect and dignity intact. In other words, it will make you a much stronger person.
- Try to understand your own thoughts.
On a daily basis, we have numerous negative thoughts and since we keep reeling those thoughts in our mind from time to time, it becomes our reality. Because our brain starts believing those negative thoughts and directs us to take actions accordingly. Try to keep those thoughts at bay and try having a positive attitude.
- Be confident about what you want in life.
Most of the people don’t even know what they want in their life. So they start listening to other people version of what they should want in their life, which again, as a result, makes them unhappy. Ask yourself what you want to be, how you want your life to be? Explore your option and start making the necessary changes for the same.
- Take responsibility for your own life.
Rather than relying on someone else and blaming them later for the consequences that you go through, it is better to take full responsibility for your own life. In this way, you will eventually become the best version of yourself.
Knowing others is intelligence.
Knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength.
Mastering yourself is true power.
– Lao Tzu
I hope you found this post helpful. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.
“THE WAY TO GET STARTED IS TO QUIT TALKING AND BEGIN DOING.”
— WALT DISNEY
Welcome to TWI!
Nowadays we all have a busy life, and we all want to finish all work faster and also want to get better results…
First and most important point is to form those habits which will make us more productive in the day to day life.
- Focus on one task at a time– We often try to finish multiple tasks at the same time and end-up ruining everything. By focusing on one task at a time we give our best performance.
- Take breaks and give time to yourself– We get so tired by continuously working and obsessing over finishing everything that we forget to give rest to our body and mind. By taking a break once in a while we rejuvenate our ability to do better.
“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.”- Ovid
- Make list- This is the best practice to make our day productive. By making a list we get to prioritize our work and keep a track of our whole day.
- Finish the most important task first to get the best result- We all have a peak time for the whole day. For some people, it’s the early morning and for some its midnight and also for some people it is the daytime. We should keep the most important work of the day at that time. In that peak time, our mind works faster and better than any other time of the day.
- Start your day by focusing on yourself- I guess there are a lot of people who have a habit of checking emails and social media updates as soon as they open their eyes. Once we wake up in the morning, our body and mind are at ease. Its the best time to give ourselves. We should do something for our well being in this particular time. Just have a cup of tea without a mobile or newspaper. Or do yoga or exercise. Spend that time with your family. Your whole day will go well by doing so.
- Embrace your failure- One thing I have learned with my life experiences is that failure makes us stronger to handle the hard times of life. Getting failure is not a bad thing, it just puts a pause button on our racing life. It gives us time to take a good look at every aspect of life and take proper decisions. So instead of feeling bad, start feeling grateful to have that time in your life.
- Stop procrastination- Some people procrastinate to plan their work and some people procrastinate to delay it. Be the first kind of person. By delaying work no one has achieved good results until today, it only increases the pressure on us.
- Note down all the “Oh Yes!” moments instantly– Does it ever happen to you, that you are working out or walking somewhere or even shopping and suddenly new idea pop-ups to your mind regarding work or hobby? Yes? Suddenly we say “Oh yes! Then note it down and implement it as soon as possible. Often we forget those ideas and move on with life which becomes a regret later.
- Believe that you are different than others- Confidence is key to success, doesn’t matter whether we are capable to do a task or not, it is important to believe that we can do it. We can always learn new things and do any task, that’s what makes us different than others and it is important to believe the same.
- Don’t compare yourself with others- Comparing ourselves with others will only demoralize us. Each person has a unique set of qualities and talents in the different field, which makes everyone different from each other. So its very obvious everyone has different way and pace to work and perform.
- Power of “why” keeps you moving ahead- Its very important to understand Why you are doing what you are doing. Usually, many of us know what we are doing. Many of us also know how to do it as well, but very few people know why they are doing. Those are the few people who reach their goal sooner and also in the way to reach there they inspire others a lot. The Golden circle by Simon Sinek suggests that start with Why, discuss the How, and end with What.
So guys its time to start making changes in our day to day life.
Hope the above tips were helpful to you all, if yes then please click the Like button below and follow my page so that I can come up with new ideas.
Have a great week!