The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.
– John Maxwell
Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement.
– James Clear
“Atomic Habits” has become one of the most popular book in self-help genre. And after reading it, I found it very practical to implement in our daily life and the examples given by James on Psychological aspects are incredible. He has given a detail breakdown of slowly shaping your lifestyle and making minor changes on daily basis and change your habits to achieve excellence.
James has also mentioned many real life examples of many athletes, entrepreneurs, artists and other successful people who managed to change their lives by making very small changes in their habits on a daily basis. He has also mentioned that when we try to change our bad habits and fail to do so, it is not our fault, we fail because of the system we are molded into from our childhood. It is our lower self-esteem which takes over our mind and our brain starts repeating in our head that, “It’s not gonna happen for you.”
Human behavior changes every day with situation and circumstances but what doesn’t change is human nature and his/her believes. And in this book James has explained how we can change that to achieve our desired goals by changing our inbuild behavior.
Even when you are trying to adapt a good habit, it is very much obvious and normal to fail in it to implement it in your daily routine. But with slow and small approach it can be achieved. If you will think that, from tomorrow I want to wake up at 5 am instead of 8 am. It’s not gonna happen, you will definitely fail on the second day or the third day. But instead, if you try waking up at 7:45 am for a week and then 7:30 am for the next week, your body will automatically start adapting to the change and you will feel more confident about yourself. He has mentioned that by making 1% change every day can give you massive result on a longer period. He calls it 1% rule.
There are many more theories mentioned in the book, to know more about it do read it and you will not regret it for sure.
Click on the above image link to buy.
Published date: 16th October 2018
Author: James Clear (Journalist)
Genre: Self-help book, Study guide
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Page count: 320
My rating: 5/5
You do not rise to the level of your goals.
You fall to the level of your systems.
– James Clear
A NOTE TO OUR READERS
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Hopefully, you will find this book helpful in life. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great weekend.
Success isn’t over night. It’s when everyday you get a little better than before. It adds up.
– Dwayne Johnson
Today I am writing about habits of highly successful people. From past few months I have been trying to implement few of them into my lifestyle and I really feel amazing change in my health and mindset. Some how I feel it changes the way you think as well. It is told by researchers that to implement any particular habit, it takes 21 days of repetition. If you stick to a habit for 21 days straight, your brain starts to get into the pattern. So I am going to list those habits down for you and I also encourage you to at least try implementing few of them into your lifestyle.
Self-Discipline and Consistency– Well discipline is big on successful people’s plate. This is one of the main reason for who they are today. Do you think an athlete will achieve success if he/she doesn’t have a planned routine for practice? If he/she is not consistent to practice everyday, can they win any game at all? That’s why it is very important to plan your days and stick to it every day if you really want to be successful.
They start their day early- Waking up early is always told as a good habit by our elders. But we hardly ever bother to consider it. But guess what, most of the successful people make sure to wake up early and start their day as soon as possible. I know its hard, at least for me it is really hard. But if we think about it, when we have a motive, we do get up on time. Like when we have to catch an early bus or flight. When we have planned a trip for a vacation, we are actually happy to get up early but why don’t we do that every day. That is because we lack a motive. If you give yourself a motive of why you need to wake up early, it might become easier every morning. Plus you get a lot of time for yourself and to get things done. Just think about the days when you are late and you take a shower in a hurry, you get dressed in a hurry and you even skip you breakfast. And in that process you go through lot of mishaps. you really don’t like those days, do you?
They make reading a priority- Successful people make sure they make some time throughout the day to read a book or articles or anything of their interest. Reading helps you to gain knowledge and also makes you confident and raises your self-esteem. It may be just for 15 mins every day but I suggest you make some time to read.
Take time for yourself- Everyday you should definitely make time for yourself when you can think about yourself. It’s called “self-reflection”. You think about “what you are doing in life?”. “Are you going in the right direction of your goal?”.
Think how you can make your life better. I suggest you do this in a peaceful time but not before going to sleep. It might make you stressful and you will end up losing sleep. It is better to have this alone time after waking up.
Stay Healthy- Successful people make their health a priority. They get up early and they also sleep on time to get the necessary hours of sleep. Well they do have to burn the midnight oil once in while but they make sure to get back into their routine. They exercise, may be not daily but they make time for specific days in a week. Some people say exercising helps them to release stress and keep focus throughout the day.
Set goals and get going- Well once you set a goal, you need to make an action plan. Successful people don’t laze around thinking, “Hey I want to achieve that one day”. Well that day never shows up. What they do is they make a plan of what needs to be done to achieve their goal and they actually start implementing the plan.
Don’t waste time- When you are passionate enough about your goal, you don’t waste time. There will be always something to do. Successful people don’t waste their time watching movies on a couch by eating pop corn. They don’t go to party every weekend at some club. They do it once they achieve their goals to celebrate. And whatever time they get, they spend it with their family or people who are important to them.
Stay focused and be honest- As I talked about being consistent in beginning, well it is really important. You need to stay focused and don’t give up when you fall after crossing a bump. If you are being honest to yourself, then you will never lose your focus. Just ask yourself, What benefit are you going to get if you keep lying to yourself.
Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.
So guys I hope you will try to implement some of the above mentioned habits. Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
– Abraham Lincoln
Procrastination is like a credit card: It’s a lot of fun until you get the bills.
– Christopher Parker
Hello there everyone.
So today I am going to talk about something I was also doing a while ago. And I really needed some push to avoid it. Procrastinating is one of the issue a lot of people face on day to day basis.
Have you been trying to avoid a certain work or task that is actually on a target to be done soon? Have you set some goals for yourself which you always think you are going to achieve “someday”? That yoga class which you always plan to start next “Monday”. Sounds familiar right!!!
Well, it’s really not a good trait to have in the long run. Eventually, it becomes a habit and it makes you lazy. After some time you feel like you are nowhere in life. And people around you don’t take you seriously either.
I am going to list down a few ways which helped me and maybe you can relate yourself with those and try to change a few things in your life too.
1. Change your mindset – Its one of the most important key to change or remove this particular habit out of your daily routine. First, it is very important to be determined to do whatever you wish for. Say positive affirmations to yourself every day to become confident that you can do this. Every morning when you wake up, say it to yourself,” I can achieve anything I want”.
2. Discipline – Having a disciplined lifestyle improves your productivity to the highest levels. Keeping your day in order helps you to do the tasks on time and achieve the best results that you expect from yourself. Try to gain the will power to follow the routine that you set. If you set your alarm at 5 am then get out of bed at the same time without hitting the snooze button. If you have put a particular task in your list to be done today, then do it today, unless you have dependencies on others to do the work which is reasonable.
3. Start simple – Generally, when we set goals for us, we tend to go a bit over the board. Even though we sometimes don’t know how to do things or how to start. And eventually, we get frustrated and give up. Do some research on the task and how to start with it. Be well prepare knowledge-wise about it before you start. Take baby steps initially and once you get the understanding, start exploring till you actually do it.
4. Start making To-Do Lists – Making a list of the tasks that need to be done is the easiest way to keep a track of your work. First, make a list of all the goals that you want to achieve and then make sub-lists for each goal with the steps that need to be done. And every time you go through each step, you can cross it out of the list. And to motivate yourself you can set some rewards for yourself with each small achievements.
5. Assign a particular time for the tasks on your lists– As we discussed it is better to have a disciplined life, you can set some time limit for each task. And try to stay within this assigned time to get the best result. It might happen that sometimes you might not be able to complete it within that time set, but there is no reason to panic. We are after all humans, not some machines which can work on codes. So if you ever feel like you are getting behind of your time schedule, just adjust it within your routine. There must be some other task which you can finish in lesser time but you might have given more time limit to that task just to be on the safe side. So modify those limits and you are good to go.
It always seems impossible until it’s done.
– Nelson Mandela
6. Stop trying to be a perfectionist – Often people try to be perfect and try to control every aspect of their life which makes them exhausted. Believe me, I am one of those people. But if we see out of the picture, it is just not possible. Some times we try to do things in our way and get carried away from the real goal. If you are assigning any tasks to others, then have faith in them and guide them to do the task in their way. If you will keep controlling everything, you will definitely end up being a failure on a bigger picture. Which is really devastating. Try to be realistic and give your best at your work.
7. Make failure a positive thing – People often fear failure, I mean it’s a natural thing actually but have you ever thought about. Every time we fail at something we learn our own slackness. We learn our limits. And it is always said that if you want to succeed you have to push your limits. Just because you might fail, doesn’t mean you should never try. Yes, you might fail but you might succeed at it too. Isn’t it worth the risk? At-least you will learn something new in life and you will try again.
8. Lack of knowledge – Has it happened to you ever that you want to start doing something but never did because you have no idea at all how to do it. It is a common thing when we feel we don’t know something we tend to give up easily. we make up our mind that we will fail without even trying. This is where you need to take that step where you show your determination and eagerness to learn something new. Dedicate all your time to explore the whole field and gain knowledge until you feel confident to start the task in real-time. Anyways there is no harm in learning something new right and you are already interested in it. Then find the source of help you can take and get started with it.
9. Remove distraction – If you are already determined to start with your work then maybe there will a lot of distractions in ways which will divide your attention. It is very important to stay focused to achieve a particular goal. So try to figure out the unnecessary things which are consuming your time without giving you any benefits and get rid of it from your routine. But that doesn’t mean you will start avoiding your time for family and friends.
10. Visualize the result – Best way to motivate yourself and stop procrastinating on a particular task is to visualize that the task is already done. Can you imagine that you have already finished it? How does that make you feel about it? Does it feel peaceful? Do you want to go through that feeling of accomplishment? Well then get started, dear. Because this time ain’t gonna come back again.
In certain ways, we all feel like we need to move forward in life but we don’t really do anything about it. I hope the above-mentioned points will help you to stop procrastinating in your daily life. And you get to that point of life where you feel like “Yes, I finally did it!”
Please like and follow my page to get the future updates from my website and please write your suggestions below in the comment section to help me improve my posts.
Have a great day ahead.