Give me six hours to chop down a tree and i will spend the first four sharpening the axe – Abraham Lincoln
Today I want to discuss self-care and loving yourself. With the busy schedule of our day to day life, we often forget to give our mind and body rest. Even the machine needs maintenance once in a while and we are still humans. Most of the successful people are that productive because from every time to time they take time off work to give their brain some rest.
There are a lot of ways to relax and I am going to list down a few ways below:
- Take a day off from work and spend quality time with family and friends. This will not only give you some break from stress but also your family and friends will be happy to enjoy with you.
- If you are a music lover then simply close eyes for an hour and listen to your choice of music.
- Few people like to journal, even if it is not your thing try it once. Sometimes we just need to clear our mind and that can be done if we write it down.
- You can hit a gym or take a walk or do some yoga. Exercise is quite important to do be healthy and fit. It also reduces stress.
- Take a long shower with essential oils and Epsom salt, its really refreshing and Epsom salt takes all the body ache away.
- If you feel too much tired, just go to sleep. Sometimes all your body need is a good sleep.
- Give yourself some positive boost by saying affirmations like, “Tomorrow is going to be a good day” or “Its all going to get better and better”. These small positive affirmations make a big difference in life.
- Go trekking, or a long walk, spend some time with nature’s beauty.
- Once in a while, it is okay to say “No”. If you are already drained for the day and someone asks you to do any work then it is ok to say NO.
- Eat a small piece of dark chocolate daily, it is a real stress buster.
- Watch some funny videos on YouTube. Laughing always takes all our stress away.
- Give a spa day to yourself at home at least once a month.
So guys try out this tips and share with me which one works for you. Also please follow my page and share your comments below to help me out come with new ideas.
Have a great day ahead!